Monday, May 4, 2009

So so, soak your toe...

Davis had another ingrown toenail. Last Novemeber when he had one during soccer season we spent weeks trying to clear up the infection at home. Ouch! This time it was right back to the podiatrist.
Davis used my phone to take some pictures. Sorry, they're a bit gross.
First they numbed his toe with a 3 inch long needle - no kidding. And then they disinfected it with some iodine. Davis thought it looked like chocolate and Nathaniel thought it looked like soy sauce. Mmm... want a lick?
Then the doctor cut the nail down the length and used a forceps to yank the piece off. Here's the bandaged result. When it heals up and isn't infected I'll take him back and she'll do the same thing but then cauterize that edge of the nail so it doesn't grow back. He doesn't need this every 6 months. Yikes!











1 comment:

Kerri said...

Yuck! Arthur told me about his toe after YM's on Tuesday. I had the same thing happen to me when I was in high school. Now that the toe nail doesn't grow to the side anymore, it looks a bit funky, but no ingrowns ever since!

I loved the chocolate and soy sauce comparison! Only boys would think that way!