Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not much work getting done

Not much work is getting done nowadays - none that make anything look different anyway. Chris finished gluing down the vinyl in the master bath. I cleared out the last few boxes from the loft. I'm trying to get the garage cleared out so we can park both cars in it (my neighbor laughed because it is almost unheard of to use your garage to park cars in. Everyone fills their garages with junk or makes them into bonus rooms or laundry rooms.)
To get rid of the last few boxes in the garage (after I organized the boxes of food storage) I needed to find a place to put all of our framed pictures until I can put them up. Now, I really need someone to visit me and tell me where to hang them all. Just give me decorating advice. I won't even make you do any of the work hanging them.
So, the only home improvement work I got done was painting the closet under the stairs just off the entry way. White - very exciting.
But then this weekend we had a S.Pas. visitor. Nathaniel's buddy from our street came and stayed over. So much fun. They have missed each other. They spent time in the spool (spa-pool) and Davis joined in to "help" set up the pirate island.
Nathaniel took us to Satwiwa - the National Forest area where his school visits once a month to hike and plant native plants to restore the biome.
We hiked up below Mt. Boney.

The trail goes all the way to the ocean (8 miles from parking lot to beach - good mtn bike ride I've heard).
Then we had lunch in the shade near the Chumash interpretive center.

And the boys had a rousing game of tar-and-seashell-filled-walnut-shells. Anything can be fun when you do it with a friend.

1 comment:

holly said...

aahhh...reading your posts just make me happy. I love the old picture Bethany posted on facebook (the one where you referred to yourself as a hillbilly) ha ha ha, I am still laughing at that one.

Anyway, we miss you guys. Samantha really misses Nathaniel. Wish we lived closer. Speaking of which, I need your new address.