Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stained Glass Cookie Ornaments

At Nathaniel's request, this year we made Stained-Glass Cookie Ornaments for the tree. You know - sugar cookies with a hole cut in the middle that you fill with crushed hard candies that then melt in the oven... Nathaniel was a great help in making them. He did all the sticky crushed candy work.
And then he helped me put the tree up, string the lights and hang the ornaments. I don't think I've ever had this much help decorating the tree.






I think it turned out pretty. I'm just worried that the ants will find the tree. I don't think my mom ever had to worry about ants in December in Utah.





Maybe I won't have to worry about ants though. The cookies are already being eaten. I tried to get a picture of the culprit, but he was so fast I couldn't even capture him on film.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Your cookies look beautiful! I'm jealous! Great pictures.

Katie said...

Those cookies look sooooo yummy!!!