Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mountain Biking in Park City

On our trip to Utah we spent a couple days at my brother's house in Park City.  At one of the city parks there is a mountain bike "skills course".  Chris and I haven't mountain biked for years and it was Nathaniel's first time (Davis has gone with the scouts a few times).  So it was fun to go down the curvy bumpy practice trails and play on the wood structures.  I must say, bikes with suspension make it a lot easier than it was with our old hard-tail bikes in Virginia.  
Chris tests out the skills park structures.

Confidence, strength, and padded shorts - what else could you want?
Chris and Davis rode off the big teeter totter.












I rode off the small teeter totter.
It's a good thing you can't see my face.  I'm pretty scared.
 Nathaniel testing his balance skills with a drop off at the end.







Stopping to blow the parachute seeds away.

The flat road wasn't as fun as the downhill trails.


Boys and bikes.
It was so pretty.  I wish I had pictures of us riding the next day when we took the gondola up the Canyons ski resort.  We rode on trails that switched back down through the pine trees and then took a chair lift back up.  I did get some pics of Nathaniel with my phone while Davis and Chris were going down a longer trail and Nathaniel and I explored a bit and took the gondola back down.
On the gondola.


Snow that has been hollowed out underneath by a stream like a turtle shell.



Lift chair with a snow shield.  Pretty nice.
I need to get into better shape so we can do more mountain biking.  Much more fun with the boys than going to the outlet mall.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks fun!

Bike Trails in Zion said...

I like biking because you get fresh air and feel the nice cool breeze. I like riding my bike because you can see some nice houses. You even feel very happy.

Bike Trails in Zion