Thursday, February 12, 2009

February in My Yard

February in my yard is a hurry and wait sort of month. I have a lot of heavy work to do in the yard, but with the rain I don't get my pick of days to do it, and I don't want to do the work too early and have it undone by waiting too long because of more rain for the next step.

I know its not easy to see, but in the top of this tree are our annual visitors - the Cedar Waxwings. This is what a Cedar Waxwing would look like close up. They come through here every year about this time. They are very skittish so they sit in the tops of the trees and twitter together. They are very pretty. Davis thinks we need a giant lens for our camera so we can photograph birds from afar.

Well, here I am contemplating what needs to be done in the garden. I want to put a pathway in the hill above the garden so we don't use plantable area as a pathway. I have to get rid of these weeds and move this giant stump and hack out an enormous lilly to get space for the path. Then I need to do some weed control before Chris can rototill and I can plant in March. We need to get this done in between rain storms and then get planted before more rain. If we get delayed after the rototilling then more weeds will grow before I can get the vegetables in and that will just be more work. Stay tuned.


One last thing. This is a snapshot of a pencil drawing my niece Brittany drew. It won first place in her high school division and goes on to Utah state wide competition. I think its reallly fun perspective.

No comments: