Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Talks in church always focus on New Year's resolutions and goals the first Sunday of the year. Someone inevitably says the old, "if you don't write it down it's not a goal, it's just a wish." So every year I think of a story from when we lived in Virginia. It has nothing to do with the above photo. I just thought this robot float was cool at the Rose Parade. Ok, so the story follows.
We went over to visit some friends one day and their 6 year old daughter Jill was very excited to tell Chris that she scored her first goal in a soccer game earlier that day. Chris asked her if she wrote it down. I remember the confused look on her face when she told him "no". "Well," he said, "then it wasn't a goal, it was just a wish."
I refrain from sharing it in the meetings because it would probably come out snarky and offend the person who shared the original "insight". But now I have shared it with you, my very small blog audience.

1 comment:

holly said...

I love this story. I laugh every time I think about it. So funny.