Saturday, January 17, 2009

One of those "tagged" emails.



Chris’ brother who is stationed in Iraq right now sent this to us, and I decided to answer it on the blog since he emailed everyone in the family already.


Hit forward and place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not. Answer the 35 questions at the end and send it to your friends (including me).

This is for your entire life!
( ) Gone on a blind date;
(x) Skipped school; The only time I can think of was in graduate school. I convinced everyone in the lab to go to a movie with me while our graduate advisor’s wife was in the hospital having a baby.
( ) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada; A day trip to Victoria Island where my friend lost her wallet and we spent most the day trying to find it. Didn’t see any sights.
(x) Been to Mexico; a day trip to Nogales with my family. Petted a dirty burro.
(x) Been to Florida; Chris and I took one of our few real vacations to the Florida Keys for snorkeling and lounging. It was wonderful and romantic. Would have had a better ending without the emergency trip to the dentist for Chris.
(x) Been on a plane; yes
(x) Been lost; in Washington, DC, in Jersey City, NJ, in Los Angeles… many driving adventures.
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country; yes, lived in Virginia, New Jersey, and California.
(x) Been to Washington, DC; I used to drive Chris into work before I went up to Georgetown (while I was pregnant, otherwise I rode my bike or the metro.) Once as we went past the Lincoln Memorial I was looking over to my left wondering why the Presidential caravan was creeping along the street. Chris said it was because Bill Clinton, the Secret Service, and FOBs were all jogging to our right.
(x) Swam in the ocean; Atlantic (warm even in New Jersey), Pacific (just plain cold)
(x) Cried yourself to sleep; lately?
(x) Played cops and robbers; lately? Yes.
(x) Recently colored with crayons; 3rd grade homework still requires crayons and me.
(?) Sang Karaoke; no, but my dad got a karaoke machine for Christmas so I think it’s only a matter of time.
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only; yes, but in college and graduate school my meals were as cheap as possible.
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?; What parent hasn’t. “When I’m a parent, I’ll never…”
(x) Made prank phone calls; In high school to boys’ houses.
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose?; Many times.
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue; yes.
(x) Danced in the rain; It depended on my mood whether I danced or trudged, but I was often caught in the rain on Key Bridge in Georgetown. Oh, do you mean with someone else?
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus; I expect I did at some point in my childhood.
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about; Last time we went camping at the beach, Chris was up and gone to work before the sun came up and then I made the boys hike up the canyon as the sun came over the hill. I enjoyed it. The boys wanted to collect bamboo at the beach.
(X) Blown bubbles; Hey, Nathaniel does it with his thumb and forefinger while he washes his hands.
(x) Gone ice-skating; usually at the Bountiful Rec. Center as part of our “survey of winter sports” when we visit Utah in the winter.
(x) Been skinny dipping outdoors; I really don’t think I ever have even though there was a lot of discussion about doing it in high school.
(X) Gone to the movies; Davis is old enough to babysit now, so I see more than one movie a year.
(x) Got a speeding ticket; A few.


1. Any nicknames? No

2. Favorite drink? Homemade lemonade from our tree

3. Mother's name? Janet

4. Tattoo? No

5. Body Piercing: Ears, once.

6. How much do you love your job? I’m currently working on getting teaching experience so I can land a Community College faculty position. That’d be great.

7. Birthplace? SLC

8. Favorite vacation spot? Loved going to Mammoth Lakes. I like places where I can have my family to myself.

9. Ever been to Africa? No. I wrote about my two forays out of the continental US above.

10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? yes

11. Ever been on TV? Ever seen “Alias”?

12. Ever steal any traffic sign? Always wanted to.

13. Ever been in a car accident? No

14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? Nissan Maxima, family car.

15. Favorite salad dressing? Citrus-balsamic vinaigrette.

16. Favorite pie? Peach

17. Favorite number? Not 40

18. Favorite movie? Manon of the Spring

19. Favorite holiday? New Year’s Eve

20. Favorite Dessert? Crème Brulee

21. Favorite food? Spaghetti

22. Favorite day of the week? Saturday

23. Favorite brand of Body wash? Vanilla scented.

24. Favorite toothpaste? Original Colgate

25. Favorite smell? Vanilla

26. What do you do to relax? Read, try to get my family to go hike or explore something.

27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Sending Nathaniel on a Mission with Davis in college.

28. Furthest place you will send this message? I don’t think it’ll get out of the southwestern states. Maybe if Ipo or Mark and Annie check the blog it’ll be in the South East.

29. Who will respond to this the fastest?

30. Who won't bother to respond?

31. Favorite teacher? Mrs. Smith, Kindergarten

32. Favorite saying? "But still…"

33. Who's your favorite singer? David Byrne

34. Favorite Music? Alternative

35. If you could be a superhero, who would you be? John Lee Supertaster

2 comments:

Matt said...

It could make it out of the states if someone in Iraq read it.

Matt

The Anderson Family said...

It made it to the Southeast... I'm always checking up on you guys :)... I love it!
Ipo