Thursday, August 19, 2010

Carpet is in!

I'm done painting upstairs (the rooms that I really wanted to be painted before the carpet goes in. I still have to paint the bathrooms and the cupboard doors for the hallway but I can do them in the garage and there is no carpet in the bathroom. Yay.)
I am kind of disappointed in our room. I thought the wall color would be dark enough to contrast with the carpet. It is a very light colored room. Oh well, I'll change it sometime in the future. The important thing is the walls are not black and the room isn't stinky. I still need to clean the fireplace though - messy.
I really like the carpet in the guest room. Its my favorite. So, when are you coming to visit?

Davis' room turned out great. I love that he and Nathaniel chose such bright colors. I'm not very brave with colors. I'm going to try to make up for it in the kitchen. I'm worried I'll end up with a kitchen that looks like a burger king though.

I also love the western facing doors in the boys rooms. The rooms are so cheerful and bright in the evening.

The cupboards in the hall are now a dark brown instead of white. Make your wagers on how long it takes me to paint and re-install the doors. We may have a show-and-tell linen cabinet for some time to come.

I love the loft. The bay window faces east. It is going to be a cheerful reading/homework area. What do you want to bet it also becomes a wrestling spot.

The entry wall is not nearly as dark as I thought it would be. (The one below the stairs isn't painted yet. It still needs primer and I didn't get to it yet.) But, it is painted and clean upstairs.
I spent two more days cleaning the kitchen cabinets and finished up today. Tomorrow I pick up the truck and we load up. Saturday Chris will take the truck to the new house to unload while I clean the S.Pas. house. (Lousy luck that we have the leave the rental house clean and clean our new house too!) I'm so tired and my knuckles are swollen. I'm looking forward to Sunday. After church I'm going to nap on the new carpet and then microwave frozen dinner items from Trader Joes that are already in the freezer. Yay Trader Joes! Yay microwave and paper plates!

No comments: