Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moved in (What a mess)

We drove Friday night to the house and slept in sleeping bags on the new carpet upstairs. Then, early in the morning, we got up and started the process of unloading. I helped with a few items and then I drove back to SPas to clean out the rental and turn in the keys (with terrific help from Laura, Kathy, and Tammy).
Chris and Davis unloaded the truck with help from the High Priests in our new ward (I'm not kidding - High Priests! Glad no one threw out their back.)
Davis was a super helper - much stronger than I am so much more useful. Here he is enjoying a Trader Joe's Cod Filet to refuel. Love TJ's, love the microwave/convection oven, love that kid.
This is what I came back to. A house full of furniture and boxes. So glad to have it in the house. Not looking forward to unpacking and sorting it all out.

The big appliances had to wait until I came back with the ratchet set so Chris could take the lid off the freezer and get it in the door of the laundry room. Chris was sliding them on extra pieces of carpet so they wouldn't scratch the floor.

Here's some stuff still in the garage. Very orderly, I thought.

The front room and entry. The piano will have to wait down there for the tile to go in around it. Its such a dirty floor now with the bare concrete and tufts of carpet padding still stuck on it. It makes the whole house dusty. Hope we can get to the tile soon.
But, important things first. I came up the stairs to find the boys had the Wii already set up in the loft.
Legos displayed on the hallway cabinet (I couldn't even find my own toothbrush and they already found and had all this out.)
Legos and a napping spot were set up in the guest room.
And Nathaniel had his playmobil water rescue team out ready to go into the jacuzzi.
Look Mom. The Georgetown rocker made it unharmed.
Chris and I are both so tired. I feel shaky after walking up the stairs. I don't think I want to unpack anything tomorrow - maybe I'll take the boys school shopping. (Do any of you know how much I dislike shopping?) But I can't find my shoes. They are in a box somewhere.

1 comment:

suzi said...

i am so sad that you are already gone. I am really going to miss you!