Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Paint Colors

Last night was the first night we spent in the house. We haven't actually moved in. Davis was going with the Varsity Scouts in our new ward to Mammoth Lakes to go mountain biking, rock climbing, fishing and such. They were leaving at 5:30am and I didn't want to leave at 4:30am to get him there. So we all camped out in the house. Here are the boys on their sleeping bags while Chris gets a netflix movie set up on the laptop.
Of course, the internet was the first "utility" we had installed. Where would we be without it? How would I find a pool guy or a hardware store or grocery store? And, what would Nathaniel do with Davis gone for 3 days?
Nathaniel played games on the computer in the kitchen where we have a card table and chairs - the only furniture in the house.
This is my favorite gadget - the corner painter. However, there are just too few right angle concave corners to paint. There are lots of convex corners, and plenty of concave corners with obtuse angles (as opposed to acute angles), but this gadget isn't helpful for them. In the hallway and master bedroom there were only 3 full corners that I could use this on. How does that work (geometrically)?
I am really liking the colors in the house now. Davis chose "Jersey Shore Blue".

And Nathaniel said he wanted walls the color of spicy mustard and decided that ochre was just right.
The guest bedroom is now "Sandy Beach" instead of lichen-green.

Our room is much brighter without the Halloweenie wall paper. It is sort of oatmeal colored - but much warmer and not very lumpy.

The hall is the same color as our bedroom instead of a flat white paint. I'm doing eggshell paint throughout the house because I am so tired of flat white paint that is impossible to wash.

I really like the beams brown instead of white. The only color I'm not sure about is the color over the stairs. I wanted a dark warm taupy-brown. It looks kind of green though. We'll see what it looks like when the living room and entry way are painted and the carpet is in.
I still have a lot to do. None of the downstairs has been started and I need to paint the loft and do some second coats upstairs. We pushed back our move-in date a week. Anyone want to come for a paint party Saturday? I'll buy pizza. I'll even bring doughnuts from the best doughnut shop in Los Angeles. Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: